When you are searching for a Louisiana attorney, it is important that you contact a lawyer that can provide you with legal counsel in a variety of legal matters. Having a lawyer that can help you in almost any legal issue allows you to develop the personal relationship with your legal counsel that allows you to call up them to address your issue, no matter what it is. My firm, The Layfield Law Firm, LLC, provides legal representation in a variety of practice areas. I am proud to serve my Louisiana clients in a wide range of legal issues. I am committed to providing you with high quality, personal legal services and to offer you the highest level of service and confidentiality in your legal matters.
My firm serves my friends and neighbors throughout the state of Louisiana in a range of practice areas, including the following:
- Successions and Probate - Facing the loss of a loved one can be an extremely difficult time for any family. Our office is committed to providing clients with all the necessary advice to properly transfer Estate assets to heirs pursuant to the Last Will and Testament of the decedent. If the decedent did not have a Last Will and Testament, then Louisiana law provides a mechanism where the Estate of the decedent is distributed to the proper heirs.
- Estate Planning - Our office will work hard to evaluate a client's particular situation and provide a customized solution that will handle all of their Estate related matters should the worst happen. We can devise and draft your Last Will and Testament and assist you so that your wishes are respected and your property is disbursed according to your instruction.
- Personal Injury - Have you or a loved one been injured in a car accident, motorcycle accident, bus accident, truck accident or other incident in which another person was negligent? If someone else’s recklessness or wrongful act resulted in your injury, my firm can help you seek the compensation you deserve.
- Business Matters - There are a variety of important business issues that will require skilled representation. My firm can assist you in drafting an agreement, a construction lien, collections, property transactions, starting a new venture by setting up an LLC or others. I can help you address your business matters and ensure that every aspect of your transaction or issue is carefully prepared and filed.
- Family Law - There are few areas of the law that are more important to the individual and the family. These very personal issues should be addressed by an attorney that really cares, and who will take your case in hand and seek the best possible outcome. Whether you are seeking a divorce, want to expand your family with an adoption, or need help in resolving another family law issue, I can help.
Contact a Louisiana attorney at law to help you resolve a variety of critical legal issues.
As a business owner trying to juggle responsibilities with my clients and in my business, it was important to find someone who understood the value of my time while helping me navigate me through a difficult divorce.- Former Client
I contacted him initially because The Layfield Law Firm website specifically listed "uncontested divorce" within the areas of practice.- Former Client
During this process, there were times when I became so frustrated that I wanted to give up. Beau always brought me back to reality and made suggestions to assist with my concerns.- Former Client
Hopefully I won't need a lawyer in the future, but if I do, I am calling Mr Layfield.- Former Client
Do I need a lawyer in a personal injury claim?
Insurance company studies show that those who have legal representation in their case recover an average of 3.5 times more than those who try to get the issue resolved on their own. Insurance companies do not like to pay out large settlements, and frequently move fast with an offer, within days of a car accident or other serious injury accident. If you accept this early offer, it can be a terrible mistake; you may later require more medical treatment, or not recover in the expected amount of time, or could experience complications. I will carefully evaluate your injury case and ensure that we are pursuing every type of damage that could be claimed in your case. It is very important that you have legal counsel that will protect your right to fair compensation, and I will fight for fair treatment for you and your family. A personal injury lawyer is imperative if you suffered serious injuries. I am a Louisiana attorney that is interested in helping your resolve these issues.
How do I know if I have a personal injury claim?
A personal injury accident is the result of the negligent, reckless or careless action of another. An accident that occurs from the use of a dangerous or defective product is an example of a personal injury accident. Another example is a drunk driver who causes a car collision with injuries or fatalities. In the case of negligence, the victim may be eligible for monetary compensation that can include lost income, medical expenses, and pain and suffering. Beau Layfield and The Layfield Law Firm, LLC can represent a client in court and negotiate with insurance companies to pursue the maximum possible compensation.
How will custody of my child be decided?It is possible for you and your spouse to come to a decision regarding child custody without the court intervening.
However, if you and your spouse cannot come to a custody terms agreement, the court will decide for you, and will look at the following:
- the child's gender and age;
- the child's mental and physical health;
- the child's relationship with each parent;
- the parents' respective lifestyles;
- each parent's ability to provide basic necessities for the child, including shelter, food, and clothing; and
- the child's preference (if they are of a certain age).
Do I have to go to court in order to obtain a divorce?
Filing divorce papers with a court is the only way you will obtain a legal separation from your spouse. This applies to any other form of legal separation, including a marriage annulment. Aside from the divorce decree itself, a court is able to assist in settling other matters related to divorce, which include child custody and the distribution of marital assets.
Should I take a settlement offer?
It is never a good idea to settle an insurance claim before speaking with a knowledgeable personal injury attorney that has experience with injury accident cases. Insurance companies have tactics they use to deny claims, redirect fault, and withhold available compensation. An insurance claim can be a complicated process and insurance adjusters can be intimidating to accident victims. An insurance company may assert that the injuries are not as serious as claimed, and attempt to settle quickly for a low amount.