Baton Rouge Injury Lawyer
Personal Injury Claims in Baton Rouge
If you or a loved one has been injured and another party was at fault, you likely have an injury case that should be carefully and correctly managed. Beau Layfield and The Layfield Law Firm, LLC provides personal legal representation to friends and neighbors throughout the Baton Rouge area. The Layfield Law Firm takes on each case with a full determination to pursue the maximum possible compensation for damages. Beau Layfield of The Layfield Law Firm knows how important the compensation is to you and your family, and will aggressively negotiate a settlement on your behalf.
Injury Attorney in Baton Rouge, LA
The Layfield Law Firm, LLC represents clients in all types of injury cases by providing compassionate and reliable legal counsel that is specifically focused on their needs. When you have been the victim of a reckless or irresponsible act of another, you have the right to hold them accountable for their actions. The Layfield Law Firm team will work tirelessly so you have the best chance at recovering maximum compensation for your injuries. The Layfield Law Firm will walk you through the steps of what to do after an accident.
The Layfield Law Firm, LLC can provide the high-level of representation you need for the following accidents:
- Bicycle Accidents - Have you been injured in a bicycle accident? This type of accident usually results in severe physical injuries to the bicyclist, and you may suffer broken bones, severe head trauma and other internal injuries.
- Boating Accidents - Even though many boaters practice safety procedures on the water, there is always the risk of being involved in a serious boating accident. Boating accidents can happen for a variety of reasons, and it is important to seek legal counsel to learn about your rights after you have been injured in a boating accident.
- Burn Injuries - This type of personal injury is one of the most painful and most difficult to treat. Victims of burn injuries may suffer long-term pain and damage, such as loss of abilities, loss of limbs, severe scarring and more.
- Car Accidents - Have you or your loved one been injured in a car accident? You may be able to recover compensation for your injuries if you can prove that the other driver acted in a way that was negligent, reckless or careless.
- Catastrophic Injuries - An injury can be classified as catastrophic when it is so severe that it causes lasting disabilities or long-term damage. The most common catastrophic injuries include burns, amputations and paralysis.
- Dangerous Drugs - Have you suffered injury because of a dangerous drug? These are typically regarded as prescription drugs that cause disastrous side effects to those who take them. When a drug has not been thoroughly tested or properly labeled, there can be serious consequences.
- Defective Products - The law requires manufacturers to provide goods to consumers that are safe to use. When a commercial product leads to injury, illness or death to a consumer, that victim may have the right to seek compensation for their unnecessary injuries.
- Dog Bites - If a dog has attacked you and caused injury, you may be able to seek compensation from the dog's owner. There are many ways that to prove that the dog's owner was negligent in the awareness and prevention of a possible dog attack, and a lawyer from The Layfield Law Firm, LLC can help you seek justice after you have been bitten.
- Financial Compensation - You may be able to obtain the compensation you need to recover if you have been a victim of a personal injury accident. Financial compensation may be awarded through an out-of-court settlement or by a specific dollar amount named by the court.
- Golf Cart Accidents - There are a number of ways a golf cart accident can occur, including inadequate maintenance of the machine, defective parts and driver error. When you have suffered injury because of a golf cart accident, you need to contact an injury attorney who can protect your rights and help you seek compensation.
- Motorcycle Accidents - Have you or your loved one been injured in a serious motorcycle accident? Because of the lack of external protection, motorcyclists often incur severe injuries when they are involved in accidents.
- Premises Liability - If you have suffered injury on the property of another, contact The Layfield Law Firm, LLC today to learn about your rights under premises liability law. You may be able to seek compensation for your pain and suffering if you are able to prove the negligence of the property owner and several other factors as well.
- Slip & Fall - A slip and fall accident is common in public areas like parks and sidewalks, as well as shopping malls and other commercial properties. If you have been injured in a slip and fall because the property owner failed to keep the property reasonably safe, you have the right to file a claim for compensation.
- Truck Accidents - Large commercial trucks, such as 18-wheelers or big rigs, can be difficult to drive and maneuver especially on busy highways. A federally mandated CDL license is required to operate a commercial truck because of the enormous size and weight of these vehicles. If you have been injured in a truck accident, seek help from a personal injury attorney who can fight for your rights.
- What is Product Liability? - If you have been injured because of a defective or dangerous product, product liability law protects your right to seek justice. Product liability relates to the responsibility of a company to pay damages when their product has caused injury or death to a consumer.
- Wrongful Death - Have you lost a loved one in a wrongful death accident? You deserve to have the best legal support and counsel during this emotionally trying time. You need a legal advocate who will help you recover the compensation you need to survive.
Beau Layfield and The Layfield Law Firm, LLC provide careful case preparation, which often results in a faster settlement at a higher amount. Each aspect of the injury claim is carefully documented by The Layfield Law Firm, and if the insurance company refuses to make a fair settlement offer, The Layfield Law Firm is more than willing to press forward with a trial. When you hire The Layfield Law Firm to represent you, you will be represented personally by Beau Layfield, and not passed off to an associate or assistant. Achieving results for clients is the only concern for The Layfield Law Firm, and Beau Layfield provides the hard work it takes to get cases finalized and resolved at the highest compensation value possible. Beau Layfield and The Layfield Law Firm are trustworthy, honest and straightforward, and The Layfield Law Firm's personal mission is to assist the injured and get them the compensation they truly deserve.
Contact The Layfield Law Firm to speak with a Baton Rouge personal injury attorney at today!
As a business owner trying to juggle responsibilities with my clients and in my business, it was important to find someone who understood the value of my time while helping me navigate me through a difficult divorce.- Former Client
I contacted him initially because The Layfield Law Firm website specifically listed "uncontested divorce" within the areas of practice.- Former Client
During this process, there were times when I became so frustrated that I wanted to give up. Beau always brought me back to reality and made suggestions to assist with my concerns.- Former Client
Hopefully I won't need a lawyer in the future, but if I do, I am calling Mr Layfield.- Former Client
Is adoption a long process?
Each adopted child has different circumstances. There are several types of adoptions that could take place, including a stepparent adoption, a private adoption or a standard adoption. Each has its own specific challenges. With the help of my firm, we will speed the process through the system as quickly as we can so that you can begin your new family and move forward with starting life together.
How do I know if I have a personal injury claim?
A personal injury accident is the result of the negligent, reckless or careless action of another. An accident that occurs from the use of a dangerous or defective product is an example of a personal injury accident. Another example is a drunk driver who causes a car collision with injuries or fatalities. In the case of negligence, the victim may be eligible for monetary compensation that can include lost income, medical expenses, and pain and suffering. Beau Layfield and The Layfield Law Firm, LLC can represent a client in court and negotiate with insurance companies to pursue the maximum possible compensation.
How will child support be calculated?Child support is calculated differently depending on the state one resides in, but the general factors taken into consideration by the court when calculating payments include:
- the standard of living of the child prior to the divorce;
- the ability to pay of the parent giving child support;
- the specific needs of the child, including their food, clothing, and educational costs; and
- the needs and income of the custodial parent (the parent with primary custody of the child).
Do I have to go to court in order to obtain a divorce?
Filing divorce papers with a court is the only way you will obtain a legal separation from your spouse. This applies to any other form of legal separation, including a marriage annulment. Aside from the divorce decree itself, a court is able to assist in settling other matters related to divorce, which include child custody and the distribution of marital assets.
Do I need a lawyer in a personal injury claim?
Insurance company studies show that those who have legal representation in their case recover an average of 3.5 times more than those who try to get the issue resolved on their own. Insurance companies do not like to pay out large settlements, and frequently move fast with an offer, within days of a car accident or other serious injury accident. If you accept this early offer, it can be a terrible mistake; you may later require more medical treatment, or not recover in the expected amount of time, or could experience complications. I will carefully evaluate your injury case and ensure that we are pursuing every type of damage that could be claimed in your case. It is very important that you have legal counsel that will protect your right to fair compensation, and I will fight for fair treatment for you and your family. A personal injury lawyer is imperative if you suffered serious injuries. I am a Louisiana attorney that is interested in helping your resolve these issues.